Muncie mobile grooming is a convenient option for pet parents that have a pet that needs cleaned up and for those older pets that have some mats on them that need removed.
We can give your pet a bath, brush them out (de-shed), trim with scissors or clippers, clean their ears and even do their nails. Appointments are easy to schedule so just click here to get started. Prices start at $45.
This is a great option for people that have elderly pets, cats or pets that don’t receive regular vaccinations due to health conditions. However, these services are NOT for people that want show grooms or very specific fancy cuts. Contact Jenn at Downtown Dogs for show grooms! Our in-home services are more geared towards health and comfort.
New clients: Find a $10 discount code at the bottom of this article! We can visit pets in Yorktown, Anderson and cities close to those areas.
Muncie Mobile Pet Grooming
Our groomers go through a rigorous background check (local and nationwide) and reference checks prior to working with us and most have experience working at full grooming salons. Our groomers are insured and eager to help your pet!
What Are the Benefits of In-Home Grooming?
Our clients choose in-home grooming because it’s convenient and comfortable. However, there’s other reasons, for example:
- It’s easier for pet parents with large dogs that are hard to get in/out of their vehicles;
- Pets with medical issues or stress-related illnesses often have less episodes if they stay at home;
- Older pets, blind and deaf dogs stay more comfortable;
- Puppy mill dogs and dogs rescued from breeding/medical testing facilities may be more comfortable staying home instead of going to a new place which can be traumatizing;
- Cats are less stressed if groomed with their person close by; and
- In-home services are easier for people with multiple animals and a busy life. There’s no need to take your pet anywhere because we come to you.
Muncie Mobile Pet Grooming Services Available
Ear and Eye Cleaning
Nail Trimming and Filing
Emergency Mat Removal
Follow These Tips for the Best In-Home Grooming Experience
We know you want your pet to be comfortable during the grooming appointment and these are the things that can make it go more smoothly:
- Adequate Space – Allow our groomer room to set up the grooming table and an area on the floor to work.
- Proper Lighting – The groomer needs a well-lit room to work in.
- Quiet Zone – Minimize people and other pets coming/going from the work area. This will help your pet stay relaxed. Feel free to stay and watch (and help if we ask).
- Clean and Clutter Free Bathtub or Sink – Depending on the size of dog or cat, the groomer might use your bathtub or kitchen sink. In either case, remove all bottles, soaps and razors from the edges so nothing falls on your pet. We suggest you keep a hair catcher in your drain to catch most of the hair.
- Rubber Bath/Sink Mat – A rubber bath/sink mat will help us to ensure your pet has good footing while in the tub (or sink).
- Towels – Please have three or four large bath towels if the groomer is bathing your pet.
- Trash Bag, Broom, Dust Pan – The groomer will gather most of the pet hair up during the pet groom but we ask that you provide a trash bag, broom and dust pan (if appropriate).
- Have Your Pet Ready – Grooming prices are partially based on time. To help keep prices affordable make sure your pet has relieved himself before the groomer arrives and make sure they don’t sneak off and hide from the groomer.
- Smoke Free Home – Your dog or cat will be healthier and happier if they have clean air to breath. We cannot provide services in homes where smoking is done inside or even if they smell like cigarettes for the health and well-being of our groomers.
Last-Minute Tips For In-Home Grooming Clients
1 – In-home grooming openings fill up quickly, book early if you have time constraints or if you want to stay on a regular maintenance plan.
2 – If your pet is too scared for the groomer to complete the service or if the groomer feels that the pet will cause himself (or the groomer) harm, the service will be stopped. If that happens, partial payment will be charged for the service or visit and a follow-up visit may be scheduled to finish the groom.
3 – The groomer will have pet-friendly, cruelty free shampoo and conditioner to use however, if you have a specific product for your pet, let your groomer know before they start.
4 – Bathing and grooming should be done at least 48 hours after a topical flea treatment and pets should not have fleas on them when we visit.
5 – The groomer may take your pet outside for part of the service if the weather is nice.
Payment and Scheduling
Prices are based on the type of service and the length of time estimated to complete it. We estimate a full dog groom to take two or three hours on a well-behaved dog. This is only an estimate, it could be longer if the dog tries to bite or is difficult to handle.
Cats that need shaved down will take at least an hour depending on how they cooperate.
Prior to your service we will discuss the payment with you. In saying that, the price can change once the groomer starts the service. Payment plans are not accepted and complete payment is due when the groomer finishes.
Starting price is $45. Discounts may be given for people over 55 and for emergency situations.
Payment forms include cash, check (with valid identification), PayPal and Chase Quick Pay.
Kelley Stewart, CEO|Pet Sitter
sit-stay-play In-home pet sitting & more.LLC
“Your pet sitting, dog walking, poop scooping specialists!”
P.S. Book before June 1, 2021 and get $10 off your first grooming service! Mention promo code GROOMING10 when you request services here.