Father’s Day is coming up!
Moms, are you wanting to plan something fun for your husband and children?
Teenagers, are you looking for something different to do with your dad on Father’s Day?
We’ve come up with some fun things close to Muncie that won’t take you long to get to AND you won’t have to spend a fortune doing.
5 Fun Things To Do On Father’s Day
- Climb Time, Indianapolis. Pack a lunch, wear comfortable clothes (preferably shorts and t-shirt or tank top) and be prepared to sweat. Climb Time offers climb adventure, inside, for the novice all the way up to expert.
- Dave and Busters, Castleton. Plan to spend a couple hours here playing video games, whack-a-mole, shoot em’ up games and grabbing dinner or lunch. Dave and Busters is great for the whole family.
- SkyZone, Fishers. Play ultimate dodgeball, try to slam the basketball in the foam pit area or just jump on the trampoline. If you haven’t been to SkyZone yet, you’re seriously missing out. As long as you’re healthy and able to jump around and get your heart rate up for 20+ minutes, SkyZone is an addicting place. Wear something cool because it gets mighty hot up in there where you’re jumping. There’s a concession stand so you can rest with a refreshing water or soda.
- Mounds Park, Anderson. Want to get outside and hike, fish or camp? Mounds Park has plenty of opportunity for you to get out in nature and enjoy time with your dad. Bring your mosquito repellant, sunscreen and all the outdoor equipment you might need, plus snacks and plenty of water; it’s going to be hot this weekend!
- XSite Laser Tag, Indianapolis. Laser tag isn’t just for kids. Grown ups (including myself) love laser tag. It’s the perfect blend of exercise and fun. Wear comfy shoes because you’ll do a lot of running up and down stairs and dress cool so you won’t sweat to death!
Now that you’ve read our list of 5 Fun Things To Do On Father’s Day, what are you thinking? Will it be hiking or playing laser tag? Will you challenge your dad in a video game or challenge him on the rock wall?
Maybe Indianapolis or Anderson is too far. Muncie has some things you might find interesting.
On Saturday, go over to the Farmer’s Market at Minnetrista. Grab some fresh veggies for a cookout later in the afternoon. Westside Park has great picnic areas as does the Reservoir. If your dad has a fishing license, maybe he’d be interested in fishing while you’re there.
Other things to do in Muncie could include a stroll on a bike on the Cardinal Greenway or trying your hand at disc golf at McCulloch Park.
Muncie has a variety of restaurants, ice cream stores and frozen yogurt places so finding a place to take your dad for dinner shouldn’t be a problem.
Whatever you decide, don’t forget to plan for your pets.
If you’ll be gone longer than 10 hours or so you can hire a pet sitter to come and let your dog out to potty. Or you can book a dog walking service so your crated dog gets time to stretch his legs and burn off some steam before you get back from your Father’s Day fun. We also offer overnight pet sitting so if you have a special needs pet or foster kittens that you’re taking care of, call us and we can figure out a game plan so your babies will be loved, fed and given plenty of TLC.
We’re here to help you relax and have fun this weekend. Let us take care of your pets while you have fun with your family! Book your pet care visits now, fill out these 3 forms to get started…
Kelley Stewart, CEO|Pet Sitter
sit-stay-play In-home pet sitting & more.LLC
“Your pet sitting, dog walking, poop scooping specialists!”